Friday, January 1, 2010

Gilmore Girls Book series.. and my book challenge update

So I was sitting here adding books to my good reads site when it hit came to mind again, my desire to read ALL the Gilmore Girl books (yes, the entire series is also in book form)
I've wanted to read them forever...

Have I mentioned I am currently doing two challenges and their are only a small number of cross overs? Plus, I have a life, I am also trying to downsize my apartments contents, [while putting all my books into a spread sheet so i can keep better track] going through some serious cognitive therapy to deal with my bi polar, depression and other mental illness, trying to get on to writing my own book, memorize the Quran and learn Arabic, get back into my physio training and deal with a very messed up personal life.

All the while trying to keep myself stable... I honestly have no idea how I end up with so much that i want to do and have going on but there you have it.

Ya wanna know whats sad about that? I will likely end up reading them while I am trying to do the other two challenges. Lol. I just can't help myself.
They're not big by any means so it will likely be one an evening possibly one every two if I am realistic with my other two challenges because there are some definite books on their that mean business.

I started on the book challenge last night at 12:05am.
I was on hold (on the telephone) lol. When the call ended a short time later I read a bit more before turning out the light.

I have to say its a beautiful little book, the classic edition that i found in the clearance aisle. Hardcover with a ribbon sewn in as a book mark with the ends of the pages done in the gold to make it all nice. Its also pocket sized.
Love it.
Useful when you always have a book tucked in a purse or a a bag.

I am reading Emma Jane Austen. to start.
I can't say too much because well I haven't read enough of the book to be able to but from what I have read I will say I dislike Emma as a person/character but I love the setting, the writing and where the story could go because of that.

Now hopefully I can just get over wanting to smack her into next year.

4 comments:

* said...

Salam alaikum,

I wanted to post a comment but I couldn't on my computer.
Is it possible that you could change your comment window to a pop up instead of an embedded. perhaps there are others who cannot comment here as well.

Loved Emma, but saw the film first then read the book. I am also do a book challenge and have read one so far, so I'm happy that I got a good start.

Salma

Adiba said...

I can absolutely do that I just need to figure out how lol. Bear with me. :)

* said...

Great now I can post at home, thanks Adiba.

Ok, question. What if I have read a book from the list? Okay, I need to get on top of this. I'm going to get my daughter to join as well.

I'm so glad I found your blog at the beginning of the year.

Adiba said...

If you have read a book from the list you mark it as read and write a brief review of it.
I've been posting them to my own blog but I believe you can also get it posted on the book challenge blog.

I'm glad you find my blog as well. thanks for all your comments.

(Sorry i don't reply sooner.. for some reason its not telling me i get comments.)