Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What Muslims Believe [conclusion]

This book was a heavy, heavy, slow read.
I found it completely by accident in my library and it had never been checked out.. published in 2009.

The writer doesn't hide his opinions of things while he states facts.. including some very homophobic opinions. His opinions are not always modern and it makes it a hard read. I had to force myself to continue the book to the end a few times.

Would I recommend this book no, especially not to a new Muslim as it could be very off putting.

Honestly, I am just glad to be done with it.
I had thought since it was done in conjunction with a BBC series that a lot more would have been "useful" or thought provoking.

The BBC series was hopefully better then the book because they really let the ball drop on this one.

No comments: