Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Book Shopping [second hand]

20,000 Leagues under the sea - Jules Verne
Myst - Rand and Robin Miller w/ David Wingrove (based on/from the rpg)
Wizards First Rule (book 1) & Faith of the fallen (book 6) - Terry Goodkind
China Alive in the Bitter sea - Fox Butterfield

I picked up an Astronomy Magazine too.. The section on Dark Matter caught my eye and there was even more inside.. Another section on the solar eclipse over China in 09 and it included pics from China. Many wonderful things including the Terra Cotta Army.
So happy to see that.

So I hit the jackpot.
I found those as well as a Star Trek memorabilia behind the scenes binder full of information for Deep Space Nine.
A pair of jeans
A Thailand statue
An Egyptian picture for my wall.

All for the low low price of $45

If i was one for cassette books I'd of been in for a treat today. Jane Austen.. However, i always end up not hearing what I'm listening to with audio books.

It was a gorgeous day out there, that helped. +10 degrees out of the sun and +15 in the sun.
Hello spring please keep coming.
My book list for the '10 challenge has been getting a lot of changes happening, the library has been.. I don't know either getting more people in reading more or they sold a lot of the books i wanted out at their big book sale.. that I sadly had to miss.

I have been on hold for one big alone since about December what does that tell you.
But I am still doing okay I've read 9.5 books.
The .5 being Jane Eyre and i just can't finish that one yet. That particular book really got to me.

My plan for the rest of the week is to finish the two library books and return them.

The Way of the Sufi - I really love this book its beautiful.
The Victorian Underworld
I also have an Ebook on Buddhism I would love to finally get through.

I don't do well with ebooks I don't like being trapped to my computer screen, and my pdf reader tends to kill my blackberry battery.

Whats your favorite format?

No comments: